COOKING TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
400g Italian ’00’ white flour
100g of semolina flour, plus extra for dusting
325ml of water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon sugar
7g dried yeast
1 x 350g bottle of COPPOLA Passata (Sieved Tomatoes)
2 balls of mozzarella, roughly torn into medium pieces
COPPOLA Italian Extra virgin Olive OIl
2 sprigs of fresh basil
Sea salt, to season
Black pepper, to season
• For the pizza dough, place the flour, sea salt, sugar and yeast into a large bowl and stir. Make a well in the centre of the flour and gradually pour in 325ml water, mixing in the flour to form a soft dough. Tip out and knead the dough on a work surface until smooth and elastic. Divide into two and roll into balls, then place on a tray and cover. Ideally, leave them in the fridge to rise for 24 hours, if you have time. Otherwise, use the dough after 15-20 min of rising in a room temperature.
• When you’re ready to cook the pizzas, preheat the oven to 240C/475F/Gas 9 (or as high as possible). Place a heavy baking tray in the oven to heat.
• Roll out the dough pieces until about 5mm thick then place onto a floured tray.
• Spoon Passata thinly over both pizzas, just to the edges. Scatter over mozzarella and drizzle over extra virgin olive oil. Finish with a few basil leaves and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
• Transfer one of the pizzas to the oven, pushing it onto the heated baking tray and cook for about 10 minutes, or until pizza is golden and crispy. Repeat with the second one. Serve immediately.