COOKING TIME: 1 hour
400g of FONTANA Formiello Spaghetti Gragnano PGI
1 x 400g tin of COPPOLA Polpa (Chopped Tomatoes)
425g of minced beef
1 free range egg
2 cloves of garlic
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 sprig of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
COPPOLA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea salt, to season
Black pepper, to season
Parmesan or Pecorino cheese, to garnish
• Heat extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add onion and finely chopped garlic. Gently fry for a minute or two, until golden. Allow to cool.
• In a bowl, mix minced beef with fried onion and garlic. Add herbs and an egg, season with sea salt and black pepper. Divide the mixture into approximately 12 round balls.
• Heat a frying pan and cook the meatballs for about 10 minutes in extra virgin olive oil.
• Simultaneously, boil salted water in a large pan, add spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions.
• Prepare another saucepan to make the tomato sauce. Add a bit of extra virgin olive oil and crushed garlic and gently heat for a minute or two, until garlic is golden. Add chopped tomatoes. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Cook the sauce for approximately 5 minutes. Add a big spoon of pasta water into the tomato sauce a couple of minutes before draining the pasta.
• Mix meatballs with spaghetti and tomato sauce. Add Parmesan or Pecorino cheese on top, sprinkle with some of the chopped parsley and serve immediately!