COOKING TIME: 40 minutes
1 x 400g tin of COPPOLA Borlotti beans
200g of tube pasta
3 – 4 medium sized potatoes
70g of pancetta
300ml vegetable stock
2 springs of flat-leaf parsley
1 clove of garlic, peeled
4 tablespoons of COPPOLA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
• Chop the pancetta and all vegetables: potatoes, carrot, onion, garlic and flat-leaf parsley.
• Boil water in a large pan, add sea salt, then pasta and cook according to packet instructions. Add less salt than you normally would, as pasta will later absorb seasoning of the soup.
• Meanwhile, place another pan for the soup over a medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil, chopped onion, carrot, garlic and a half of the parsley amount, followed by pancetta. Stirring occasionally, leave all until the texture is soft and golden. Add chopped potatoes and let them brown lightly. Then pour the stock and simmer for about 10 min until potatoes are tender (add more stock if necessary). Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
• Open a can of borlotti beans, drain and wash in cold water. Then add them to the soup and simmer for another two min.
• Remove the pan from heat and allow soup to cool slightly. Then using a hand blender, puree all ingredients to create smooth and creamy texture.
• Drain pasta and add it into the soup and stir.
• Serve the soup in a bowl. As a final touch sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil!