COOKING TIME: 1 hour
2kg mussels or clams
1 clove of garlic
COPPOLA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
200ml white wine
2 x 400g tin of COPPOLA Polpa (Chopped Tomatoes)
300g FONTANA Formiello Spaghetti Gragnano PGI
Sea salt, to season
Black pepper, to season
1 sprig of flat-leaf parsley
• Leave the mussels in a pot with cold water. Let them rest for approx. 30 min.
• Take the mussels out, clean them and debeard them. Throw away those mussels that will not close when you carefully knock them on the sink.
• Chop the onion and the garlic. Peel the carrots and cut the top off the fennel. Slice the carrots and the fennel in little dices.
• Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a saucepot and add onion, garlic, carrots and fennel. Let it gain a little colour and then add white wine, chopped tomatoes and mussels. Put the lid on the pot and let it steam for about 8 min until the mussels are open.
• Boil the spaghetti as stated on the packaging and drain it. Stir the spaghetti with the mussels, vegetables and the tomato.
• Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil over the dish and add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Sprinkle a bit of flat-leaf parsley on top and serve.