COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup FONTANA Formiello Organic Red Wine Vinegar
8 pieces of chicken (two legs, two thighs and two breasts, with wings attached)
Sea salt, to season
Black pepper, to season
3 tablespoons COPPOLA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 medium peeled tomatoes, diced
Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
• Pat the chicken pieces dry and season them with salt and pepper.
• On a wide frying pan, heat over medium-high heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
• Once the oil gets hot, place the chicken pieces in the pan, starting with skin side down. When the chicken pieces are well-browned on both sides, transfer them into a bowl and dispose of any excess fat.
• Add to the pan one-quarter of stock, along with vinegar, chicken and any liquid from the bowl it was resting in. Cook over medium heat, turning the chicken pieces few times until the vinegar is reduced by about half, for about ten minutes.
• Add the rest of the chicken stock and the tomatoes, reducing the heat to medium-low. Then, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, turning the chicken pieces during cooking until the chicken is cooked through. Take 3 tablespoons of butter, cut into pieces and add to the warm pan liquid. Stir the mixture until the butter is melted. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with wide noodles or sautéed greens.