COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
1 x 400g tin of COPPOLA Polpa (Chopped Tomatoes)
COPPOLA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic
A bunch of capers in salt
1 small jar of anchovy fillets in oil
Sea salt, to season
Black pepper, to season
Ciabatta bread or baguette cut in slices lenghtways
• Heat a large frying pan until hot; add extra virgin olive oil and then some garlic and sauté for a minute.
• Remove the garlic; add the anchovy fillets, capers and then the chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
• Season, to taste, with sea salt and black pepper and add a pinch of dry oregano.
• For the croutons, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the ciabatta, pat it in. Place in a dry, non-stick pan and fry until golden on both sides.
• Top the bred with the tomato mixture and serve with extra virgin olive oil drizzled over the top.
• Additionally, you can add pieces of mozzarella or other soft cheese.