COOKING TIME: 25 minutes
350g FONTANA Formiello Spaghetti
60g shallots, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon COPPOLA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
250g baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
60g FONTANA Formiello Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PGI
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
60g Parmesan cheese, grated
Sea salt, to season
Black pepper, to season
2-3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, to garnish
• Cook spaghetti according to on-pack instructions. In the meantime, prepare the mushroom sauce.
• In a large pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add garlic and shallots and cook for a few minutes until they soften.
• Add sliced mushrooms and stir, until they mix well with the butter and olive oil. If the mushrooms get too dry, add an additional tablespoon of olive oil. Let them cook and brown for about 8 minutes.
• Pour in balsamic vinegar and stir everything together to make sure that all the browned bits on the bottom of the pan are scraped up. Add in the other tablespoon of butter. Then, cook everything together for a couple of minutes, turn off the heat and move the pan off the stove.
• Pour in cream and Parmesan cheese and combine everything together. Add spaghetti to the sauce and stir to combine. Add fresh parsley, then season with salt and pepper.
• Serve with additional Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.